Kaio-Dia was founded by and for Kaio Kim, who himself has type 1 diabetes. We know what it’s like: the shots, planning, counting carbohydrates, taking insulin, sleepless nights etc. It’s not always easy and that’s why we want to do our part and make things a little easier with useful and confortable accessories for most of the brands and tools diabetics use on a daily base such as Freestyle Libre, Medtronic, Dexcom etc..
We believe in sustainable and quality products, which is why we work with UWear. Everything we do reflects this way of thinking, from production to the final product.
Here you can see where our products are manufactured:
People and the environment
We manufacture our products under working conditions that we would like to have ourselves. We want to offer products that make life easier and better for the people who make them and for those who wear them.
Kaio Dia products are therefore manufactured under fair working conditions and with the lowest possible impact on the environment. Caring for people and the environment is a matter close to our hearts.
At every stage of the production process, we have made choices that minimise the impact on the environment. Some examples of choices made by Kaio Dia :
- Material from renewable sources, sustainable agriculture, no looting, no destruction of forests.
- A perfectly clean fabric after washing at 40 degrees (allowing the customer to lower the washing temperature from 60 to 40 degrees).
- High quality: long-lasting products.
- Reduce any need for additional chemicals (especially during the dyeing process).
- Suppliers comply with Reach legislation and sign the Kaio-Dia code of conduct.
- Regular visits to our production plants and subcontractors.
Waste and chemicals are treated properly. No unauthorised chemicals are used.
- Recycled substances are used in production wherever possible.
- The boxes for our shipments are exclusively made of recycled cardboard.
- Environmentally friendly transport after production in Indonesia: the boxes can be transported in containers – mainly furniture – that still have room.
We know that our convenient products help make diabetes a little easier. But the ideal, of course, is to put an end to type 1 diabetes. That’s why we donate 5% of our profits to diabetes research. So every time you buy from us, you’re helping to fund the search for a life-changing cure.
For more information, please read our Code of Conduct.
Help us to improve! Do you have any ideas? Please contact us! We are always open to new ideas.
Precisely to make everything better, we also try to find solutions to the daily problems we all encounter.